Arizona Concealed Weapons & Renewal Courses
- To allow students to carry concealed weapons after successfully completing an 8-hour course of instruction.
- To inform students of the responsibility of firearms safety, use of deadly force, maintenance of firearms, proper mental conditioning, marksmanship and judgmental shooting situations, as required by law.
- To display knowledge and proficiency of deadly force issues by passing an approved written test with a minimum score of 100 percent at the conclusion of the class. This requires a score of at least 70 percent on the initial test. Initial test scores below 70 percent fail the class.
- To display shooting proficiency by firing a minimum of ten rounds of live ammunition (as defined by applicable administrative rules) for qualification and achieving a score of at least 70 percent.
Basic Handgun Tactical Course
This course is intended to teach the student to use a handgun safely, quickly and reflexively in close-range, high-speed, defensive situations, and familiarize the student with the legal responsibilities of such use. This course should be considered a minimum for anyone who owns or is considering carrying a handgun for self-defense.
- Firearms safety as it pertains to self-defense;
- The basics of firing: stance, grip, sight alignment, trigger press;
Speed reloading, tactical reloading, stoppage drills, rapid multiple shots on single targets, rapid engagement of multiple targets, engagement of targets from the ready position, the draw and the concealed draw;
- Proper tactical responses to single or multiple opponent situations.
Personal Protection In The Home:
Learn the fundamentals of individual and team defensive tactics. This 8 hour course teaches you when to go exploring that noise and when NOT to.
Live fire hostage rescue shooting and many other Close Quarter Battle (CQB) techniques are performed alone and with a teammate. We teach you how to harden your home to prevent theft, how to set up your home to your tactical advantage, what to do when Rover starts barking or your burglar alarm goes off.
Proper equipment, ammunition, and tactics for a safe home are the foundation of this course.
Learn To Shoot Safely And Correctly in our NRA Certified Courses.
Whether you are interested in recreational shooting, competition, home safety, or personal protection — the basics are where to start! NRA Basic Firearm Training Courses teach you the safety principles and help you develop the knowledge, skills, and attitude that are needed to successfully pursue your shooting interests.
Duty Gear Depot’s NRA Certified Courses are offered in the following disciplines:
- Home Firearm Safety
- Personal Protection
What will you learn in a Duty Gear Depot basic firearms course?
Using the NRA training method of Total Participant Involvement, basic courses provide hands on learning opportunities in the following areas:
- Safe firearm handling
- Firearm parts and operation
- Ammunition and its function
- Shooting fundamentals and an opportunity to develop them on the range
- How to select, clean and store a firearm
- Review of various activities available to help participants develop and improve their shooting skills
Attractive certificates are awarded to participants who successfully complete each basic course.
NRA’s FIRST STEPS PROGRAM:
FIRST (Firearm Instruction, Responsibility and Safety Training) STEPS is the latest addition to the NRA’s training programs for new shooters. It provides hands-on orientation to one specific rifle, pistol or shotgun model in as little as three hours, including a one-hour shooting session on a range.
Experts agree the single most important factor in surviving criminal attack is to have an overall safety strategy before you need it. Now, through a three-hour (shorter presentations are available) confidential seminar called Refuse To Be A Victim®, you can learn the personal safety tips and techniques you need to avoid dangerous situations, and avoid becoming a victim.
Hundreds of federal, state, and local law enforcement officials across the country have implemented Refuse To Be A Victim® into their crime prevention and community policing initiatives.
Here are the personal safety topics covered in the Duty Gear Depot Refuse To Be A Victim® seminar:
- HOME SECURITY
- PARENTS AND CHILDREN
- PERSONAL SECURITY
- PERSONAL PROTECTION DEVICES
- AUTOMOBILE SECURITY
- WORKPLACE SAFETY
- TECHNOLOGICAL SECURITY
- TRAVEL SECURITY
- SENIOR CITIZENS AND PERSONS WITH PHYSICAL DISABILITIES
3-Gun Fun Shoot
More details coming soon…